This year 2020 has been a different year, a more challenging one for big and small companies, COVID-19 arrived in our lives with complete and partial lockdowns, social distancing and preventive measures have a significant effect on the customer’s consumption. All of these “ new ways of living” are forcing companies all over the world to create new strategies of communication. People are re-organising their life and working routines. But as with every crisis there are opportunities for those who know how to adapt to change.
There’s no doubt that corona caused a big psychological effect on consumers and advertisers, these last few months have been particularly difficult for many businesses, the stringent COVID-19 measures have recently come to a close. People are spending more time at home so for this we can say that different circumstances ask us for different and more strategic solutions. The needs and behavior of the consumers changed, as also the company’s structure. COVID-19 changed everything, in the offline marketing it results with an increased reach for offline channels like tv ads, radio and OOH.
Media Consumption in the Age of COVID-19
- Social media platforms have become even more important channels for maintaining connections.
- Users continue to look to social media for real-time information. Global web index surveyed almost 4,000 internet users between the ages of 16-64 across the U.S. and the UK to find out how the COVID-19 outbreak has changed their media consumption.
- Media consumption Gen X from the age of 16-23 years old. Online Videos 51%, Online TV/ Streaming 38%, Broadcast TV 24% , Radio 17%.
- Media consumption Millennials from the age of 24-37 years old. Online videos 44%, Online TV /Streaming 47%, Broadcast TV 35%, Radio 26%
- Media consumption Gen X from the age of 38-56 years old. Online videos 35%, 38% Online TV /Streaming, Broadcast TV 45%, Radio 38 %
- Media consumption Boomer from the age. Of. 57-64. Years old, Online videos. 11%, Online TV. / Streaming. 27%, Broadcast TV 42%, Radio 15%
- 68% of consumers are seeking out pandemic updates online over any other activity
- Facebook’s total use across its messaging services has increased by more than 50% over the last month in areas most affected by the virus
Why to choose Offline marketing in COVID-19
The strategies that worked in the pre-Corona times are not the ones that work now, it’s important to adapt a marketing strategy with the new way of living
- A TV ad offers a chance for storytelling and the possibility to explain the product in more detail to establish a stronger connection to your audience
- Offline marketing is the fact that it can be used as a tool to promote your online efforts
- Adaptation to change is the only way to make a company stronger thats why its important to use smart marketing strategies
- Marketing is the greatest tool a company has in their tool belt to attract consumers and lead to creates a relationship with the customer
- Germany is the one of the world’s sixth biggest advertising market and thanks to the change of behavior of being more at home, More people staying ‘home’ = new opportunities with increased reach
- Adaptation new challenge of Understand behavior of the target group thanks of COVID
- Showing the consumers that the companies understand their main needs and wants
- Creating Print Publicity in Smart locations, know your target group points of view and interest to know where to locate your advertisement in COVID-19 example: Close by the supermarkets
- Radio is a typical and flexible channel, during COVID-19, when everyone is at home and has time to hear it, one third of Germans are listening to radio more than they did before
References for more information: Katie Jones;How COVID-19 Has Impacted Media Consumption, by Generation https://www.visualcapitalist.com/media-consumption-covid-19/